When we first got Zeus (8 years ago on March 8), a teacher friend at Yankee Ridge had a female dog, Chibi (pronounced "chee-bee"). Nancy was quite fond of Chibi, and we used to talk about our dogs together. That evolved into a funny "romance" between Zeus and Chibi, where we pretended the two dogs had fallen in love. Zeus called Chibi "my little Chibetta" and Nancy and I enjoyed joking about their romance.
I got a card from Nancy yesterday.
Dear Lynn,
Pam just told me that Zeus went up to see his Chibetta. I'm so sorry you are without him. She said you were especially glad to be at home with him when you were recovering. I remember how important that was to me.
Those of us who truly love our good four-legged buddies can't imagine life without them. Zeus was so lucky when he came into your family. I'm sure he's still thumping that big tail and Chibi is swooning nearby.
Thinking of you,
Nancy
No comments:
Post a Comment